Our Vision …
is to become the first name that comes to mind when people need health care. We will realize that vision by placing our customers above all else.
Our Core Purpose …
is to promote health and ease pain.
Our Core Values …
are Care, Competence, Compassion.
Our Standards for Performance …
1. Treat each other and our customers with respect, sensitivity and courtesy.
2. Respect the privacy of our patients, residents and clients.
3. When speaking with a customer, introduce yourself, address them by name and ask how you may help them.
4. Practice telephone etiquette. Answer phone within three rings and state your name to the caller. Use the caller’s name during the conversation.
5. Strive to exceed our customers’ expectations . Try to view things from their eyes so as to anticipate their needs. Remember patients may be frightened, uncomfortable or confused.
6. Be an ambassador of the Medical Center in and outside of the workplace. Always talk positively. Communicate concerns to the appropriate individual.
7. Take pride in your personal appearance, abide by our dress code and grooming standards.
8. Work cooperatively with each other so the needs of our customers and each other are met.
9. Be creative. Share ideas for improvement with the person who can make the change.
10. When you observe a problem take the initiative to correct it.
11. Perform your duties safely. When in doubt ask for assistance.
12. Help maintain the cleanliness and equipment of the facility.
13. Take pride in your work and a job well done.
14. Understand the Medical Center’s mission, vision and core values and take ownership of them.
15. Remember our goal is for every customer to become an advocate of Long Beach Medical Center.