At Long Beach Medical Center we’re committed to providing you with the very finest care, and our Dialysis Center is no exception. Here you’ll find the same compassionate and concerned care that we are known for, along with advanced state-of-the-art dialysis technologies and services.
Whether you are living at home and need outpatient care, recovering from surgery at the Medical Center or are a short or long-term care resident in need of dialysis treatment, our Dialysis Center can accommodate all of your needs on an individual basis.
Our Team of Professionals
Our team includes board-certified nephrologists, certified dialysis registered nurses, licensed social workers and registered dietitians who understand that each patient has unique needs and will work with you to develop an individualized plan of care.
You and your family are also key members of our team. Through education and support, we empower the family unit so that everyone contributes to the success of the patient in meeting the physical, emotional, and social challenges associated with dialysis.
Your Comfort Counts
Your comfort is as important to us as it is to you so we’ve created a warm, welcoming atmosphere to make you as comfortable as possible during your treatments.
· Our new facility offers a bright and spacious suite design
· We have WiFi, individual TV/DVD with 19” monitors and a library of DVDs, movies, music and magazines
· Our comfortable guest area has a new large screen TV for family members and guests
We Empower You
Our team of professionals work with you, helping you manage the social, psychosocial and physical concerns you may experience. We provide:
· Individual and family counseling
· Education and support
· Nutritional counseling
We also offer:
· Stretcher treatments and isolation stations
· Piped oxygen & suction treatment
· Assistance with transportation arrangements
· Convenient free parking
· Full access to the resources of Long Beach Medical Center, if needed
· Most insurances are accepted
Dialysis During Short of Long-Term Care
A significant benefit is afforded to those individuals who need short-term rehabilitative care or nursing home placement while undergoing dialysis treatments. Our skilled-nursing facility, The Komanoff Center for Geriatric and Rehabilitative Medicine, is located on the campus of the Medical Center, providing easy access to the Dialysis Center without having to leave the building. This means that on cold, wintry days or rainy weather, even the frailest of patients will be comfortable and warm as they travel through our indoor corridor to their dialysis appointments.
For information on The Komanoff Center services, call (516 ) 897-1110.
Home Care Services
For individuals who may benefit from additional services at home while under our care, our certified Home Health Care Agency has earned a reputation of high quality, professionalism, and compassion for our patients. Their services can:
· Help patients recover from surgeries and debilitating illnesses.
· Teach patients and families how to manage the patient’s illness and/or rehabilitation.
· Assist in accessing community services.
· Provide caregiver support and guidance
· Coordinate private insurance, Medicare & Medicaid benefits.
· Provide short and long term care.
· Serve as patient advocate and family liaison.
For information on Home Care services, call (516) 897-1300.